China PPE Restrictions
Due to the recent concerns regarding medical equipment and supplies being exported by unlicensed manufacturers, the Chinese government has enhanced the quality control of medical goods.
Based on newly published regulations from Chinese Customs, additional Exports Customs Declaration documents are now being required for the exportation of COVID-19 related medical goods (including COVID-19 test kits, ventilators, surgical/medical face masks, infrared thermometers, etc.).
Some important information to note:
- Effective immediately, all PPE exports are subject to Chinese Customs inspection
- Airlines are only scheduling and releasing bookings after the shipment has passed Customs inspection and approval
- Masks or PPE without a brand or from a non-qualified exporter will not be allowed to ship
- Any certification, such as FDA, needs to match the manufacturer, shipper, and product
Reach out to our team for the latest updates regarding compliance, FDA regulations and other pertinent information needed to ensure your time sensitive shipments move without additional costs or delays.
India Lockdown Extension
The Prime Minister of India has extended the country’s nationwide lockdown until May 3 in an effort to contain the spread of the coronavirus. However, some regions that have avoided outbreaks may be allowed to resume “important activities”, such as the movements of essential cargo.
If you have questions about upcoming orders or shipments in India, please reach out to your local Masterpiece International office.
U.S. Export Demurrage & Detention
If you are experiencing U.S. export demurrage and detention issues, you are not alone. The reduced number of days and hours of operation at ports, due to the decline of international container volumes, has compounded issues and added to transportation costs. Please see the list of ports and their statuses below, and ask your Masterpiece International representative for available solutions or port statuses.
- BALTIMORE – Gate closure based on the weekly volumes
- BOSTON – Normal Operation / Hours
- CHARLESTON – WANDO – Normal Operation / Hours
- CHARLESTON – NCT – Normal Operation / Hours
- FLORIDA INTERNATION TERMINAL – Normal Operation / Hours
- HOUSTON BARBOUR’S CUT – Normal Operation / Hours
- HOUSTON BAYPORT – Normal Operation / Hours
- JACKSONVILLE – Normal Operation / Hours
- LONG BEACH Pier A – Gate closure based on the weekly volumes
- LONG BEACH TTI – Normal Operation / Hours
- LAX APM – Normal Operation / Hours
- MIAMI POMTOC – Gate closure based on the weekly volumes
- MIAMI SFCT – Normal Operation / Hours
- MOBILE – Normal Operation / Hours
- NORFOLK – VIG – Hour Change
- NORFOLK – PMT – Hours Change
- NEW YORK APM – Normal Operation / Hours
- NEW YORK PNCT – Normal Operation / Hours
- NEW ORLEANS PORTS AMERICA – Normal Operation / Hours
- NEW ORLEANS NAT – Normal Operation / Hours
- OAKLAND – Normal Operation / Hours
- PHILADELPHIA – Normal Operation / Hours
- PORT EVERGLADES – Temporarily close gate and terminal operations on Thursdays until further notice
- SAVANNAH – Suspended Saturday gate receiving from 4/4 through 4/25
- SEATTLE – Gate closure based on the weekly volumes
- TAMPA – Normal Operation / Hours
- WILMINGTON – Normal Operation / Hours